Monday, February 8, 2016

Woodsy Yet Elegant Wedding Card with Infinity Engravings

Hi there! Today's project is a wedding or anniversary card.  I discovered a new stamp company recently, Concord & 9th, and I just love their stuff.  I also had a die cut from Infinity Engravings sitting on my desk.  The die cut was laying on the stamp set and it came to me.  This card is fairly simple (at least for me) in that it's basic stamping and layering.  The most time-consuming part of this card is the sequins on the dress, but I just love how it looks.  Here's how I did it.

Supplies:
Wplus9 Oatmeal cardstock
DCWV Foiled Vellum
DCWV Glitter Paper
ARC Crafts BARC Wood Cherry Paper
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Dies
Infinity Engravings Couple die cut
Concord & 9th Tree Hugs Stamp set
Ranger Black Archival Ink
MISTI
Distress Paint in Spun Sugar and Hickory Smoke
VersaMark clear embossing ink
Zing Clear embossing powder
Prima Art Basics Soft Matte Gel
Little Things Sequin Mix in Warm Golden Glow and Rose Garden
Scor-tape 1/2"
Scrapbook Adhesives Black 3D Foam Squares


Paint the girl with Spun Sugar and the guy with Hickory Smoke.  I did two layers, making sure the first one is dry before adding the second.  I let it dry for 15 minutes.
I used the third largest rectangle die for the wood paper and the second largest die for the pink glitter paper.  I cut the foiled vellum to 4.25" by 5.5" to fit the card base.
Using the MISTI, I started with the tree bark stamp on the left and stamped it in Archival black.  I stamped it twice to make the black really solid.  The wood paper is actual wood veneer and quite absorbent.  It die cuts and stamps beautifully.  Next, I stamped the heart twice, followed by the Mr&Mrs and finished with the same tree bark stamp, but turned around.

After the second coat of paint on the die cut is dry, coat it with VersaMark ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder to give it a shiny finish.



Adhere the foiled vellum to the card base with 1/2" Scor-tape.  Adhere pink layer and wood layer, centering each layer.
Attach sequins to die cut using matte medium.  I scoop a little glob onto my work surface and dip each sequin in, then place on my project.  I laid all the sequins out on the skirt and then adhered them, but in hindsight, it really wasn't necessary.  Set aside to dry for at least an hour.  Once dry, add foam squares to the back, peel off the backing and attach to the card front.  Our masterpiece is complete!


Thanks for stopping by and hanging out with me today! Feel free to ask questions and let me know what you think!



1 comment:

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...