Saturday, November 5, 2016

Birthday Shaker Card for Jesus! featuring Infinity Engravings

Hello!  Today's card was built around the IE cupcake chipboard die cut.  I started off by painting the cupcake and with Christmas being right around the corner, thought of a birthday card for Jesus.  I set the cupcake aside to dry while I built the shaker element in the middle.  I die cut the circle frame using two circle dies and die cut the back piece using the larger of the two circle dies.  I ran out of acetate panels that I would normally use for the window, so I die cut the circle window out of a stamp storage pocket instead.  After running the circle frame through an embossing folder to give it some texture, I blended some gold pigment ink over the texture and applied 1/4" scor-tape to the back.  Using doubled up foam tape, I cut it half lengthwise and applied it to the perimeter on the back of the assembled window piece.  This is much easier to do after removing the release paper.  With a piece of gold foil cardstock, I used the Stacked Stars die by SSS and ran it through my die cutting machine.  Save a few of the stars from the die cut pieces.  Glue the star outline to the back circle piece and trim off any excess.  I used the Purple Velvet sequin mix from Little Things for my shaker bits and added a few to the middle of the back piece.  Carefully line up the window piece with the backing piece and adhere together to create the shaker element.  The sentiment and letters are die cuts and both dies are by Lawn Fawn.  Die cut the happy birthday from black glitter paper and the letters from gold foil paper.  The snowflake background can be done two ways.  You can use either several individual snowflake stamps or a large background stamp.  You can use either a glue pad or a heat and stick embossing powder to adhere the glitter to the images.  I used the Tsukineko Essential Glue pad and a large background stamp for my card.  With the glue pad, you want to let the glue dry for 10-20 minutes before you apply the glitter.  I used Elizabeth Craft Designs Silk Microfine Glitter, which you need to burnish into the glue to get the shine to come up.  At this point I had all my elements ready to assemble my card.  I used scor-tape on the back of the shaker element to attach it to the cardbase.  I used scor-tape on the back of the cupcake to attach it to the shaker element and glue on the back of the die cut sentiment and letter to adhere them.  After all the instructions, here is the link to my video tutorial on my YouTube channel.

Supplies:
Infinity Engraving cupcake chipboard
Dylusions White Linen acrylic paint
Folk Art 227 Bright Green acrylic paint
Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-surface Glitter paint
Lawn Fawn Claire's ABC's dies
Lawn Fawn Happy Birthday border die
Lawn Fawn Stitched Circles die
Sizzix Circle die
Simon Says Stamp Stack Stars die
DCWV Foiled Stack in gold
DCWV black glitter paper
Delicata Golden Glitz pigment ink
3M Foam tape
We R Memory Keepers Basketweave 3D embossing folder
Elizabeth Craft Designs Silk Microfine glitter in Amethyst
Tsukineko Essentials Glue pad
Avery Elle Storage pocket
Little Things Purple Velvet sequin mix
Hero Arts stamp S5069 (Snowflake)
Neenah Solar White 110lb cardstock
Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen

Thanks for sticking with me through this long post!  Check out the video if you want to see more in depth the process of making a shaker card.  They aren't difficult at all, but can take a little time.  I don't mind spending the time on people I know will love something like this; my nieces and nephews love these and always want to take them to school.  This design is perfect for any winter birthday, Christmas cards, miss you or thinking of you; all you would have to do is change the sentiment and name (of course ;).  The kiddos would love to help paint the cupcakes, too. 

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...