Monday, May 22, 2017

Text Hugs with Concord & 9th

 I've been on a roll with Concord & 9th products lately; I just can't help it.  I get so many ideas and it's hard to narrow it down sometimes.  That's not a bad thing though.  Hopefully, my ideas and designs will inspire your ideas and designs and we'll all be happier as a result.  The world needs more cuddles and hugs anyway.

This card started with having the hugs die cuts left over from other projects, whose videos are linked below if you're curious, and using gray helped to ground the card as well as help the teal and purple tones stand out.  The tone on tone gray text background served to soften the design as well as give it a coziness.  To create the frame, you can use any two rectangle dies; just make sure they're spaced evenly before you run it through your die cutting machine.  Here's the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supply list is below.

Supplies:
Concord & 9th Cuddles and Hugs stamp and die sets
Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock and ink
Neenah 110 lb Solar White cardstock (base)
Tombow Mono Multi glue
Little Things Sequin mixes
  • Pearl Necklace
  • Starshine
Matte Medium
DCWV Shimmer cardstock
My Favorite Things Wonky Stitches dies
Scor-tape

 Watercolor shaker video

Rainbow Hugs video

If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments and I'll be happy to help!  Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...