Monday, October 24, 2016

Trick or Treat Collaboration with Tara from Crafting With Curl E. Ques

 Halloween is almost here and today, I have a sweet treat for you!  Tara from http://curlecues.blogspot.com/ and I decided to team up to create collaboration posts and videos.  Each of us made backgrounds and exchanged them to create cards.  I took one of the awesome backgrounds she made and created a shaker with one of my favorite Halloween stamp sets.  After stamping the adorable little dracula cat, I colored him with Copics and die cut him out.  Using two stitched rectangle dies, I cut a frame from some glitter paper, attached the acetate panel and added doubled up foam tape around the frame to create the pocket for the shaker bits to live in.  I added a few spiders to the background using heat embossing and added sequins, microbeads and mica flakes for the shaker bits.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment, then added some green inks to tie it into the background.  To finish off my card, I attached the cat, sentiment bubble and bat using foam squares.  I also added some sparkle to Dracula's cape with a Spectrum Noir sparkle pen.  Here's the video tutorial on my YouTube channel if you'd like to check it out and my supply list is below.

Supplies:
Crafters Companion Spectrum Noir cardstock
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Simon Says Stamp Trick or Treat stamp and die sets
Copics: BV000, 00, 02, 04, 08; C3, 5, 7; E04
Lawn Fawn Stiched Rectangle dies (1st and 3rd largest)
DCWV Twinkle Glitz cardstock stack
MISTI
3M Foam tape
Versamark
Nuvo Black embossing powder
Little Things Purple Velvet and Star Shine sequin mixes
Black Microbeads
Ranger Sparkle Black embossing powder
Infinity Engraving bat chipboard
Ranger Black Ultra Thick Embossing Powder
Distress Ink: Lucky Clover and Twisted Citron
Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen
Mica Flakes

Thanks for stopping by and hanging out and be sure to head over to Tara's blog and YouTube channel to see what she's created with my backgrounds!  I can't wait to see what she has in store!  See you next time and Happy Halloween!

Much love,
Jasmine





No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...