Friday, February 12, 2016

Infinity Engravings Mixed Media Romance


 Hello! Todays project has a romantic vibe and can be made into a wall hanging or add an easel foot to the back for a shelf.  This was a lot of fun to make and challenged me to use more products in my stash.  To the right is several of the products I used, but I didn't use everything I thought I would.  Lets get started!  I used a few sprays on my hearts and romantic couple pieces to color them.  I did not gesso them first.  For the hearts and umbrella I used Heidi Swapp Color Burst spray in Raspberry and Fireworks Lilac Posies.  For the rest of the couple die cut I used Heidi Swapp Color Burst in Tinsel and Lindy's Stamp Gang Midnight Raven Rendezvous.

 First, I cut a large piece of Tim Holtz Tissue paper in Melange and adhered it to the chipboard bookmark with Prima Art Basics Soft Matte Gel.  I use a large paintbrush to add the medium to the chipboard, about 1/3 at a time, smoothing the paper out as I go.  To keep it flat while drying, I place heavy objects on each end and leave it to dry for at least an hour.  After it was dry, I trimmed the excess paper off using scissors and a craft knife. 
 I wanted the words "I choose you" along the side of my project.  I started with "choose" in the middle, taping down the stencil with painters tape (because it's low tack and won't tear the paper).  With a palette knife, a scooped out two little globs of modeling paste, about a teaspoon each.  I added a tiny bit of Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals Pigment powder to each pile; one pink (Raspberry Lemonade) and one purple (Pop Rocks Purple).  Mix each pile into a uniform color.  Start with less pigment powder and add a tiny bit more if you want to darken the color.  By tiny bit, I mean the size of a pin head.  A little bit goes a long way.  I added pink to the left side of the word and purple to the right side, meeting in the middle to blend the two colors a tiny bit.  Remove the stencil and let dry for about 30 minutes, washing the stencil and palette knife immediately; the paste will ruin the stencil and knife if left to dry.  After "choose" was dry, I mixed up two more globs of color and added "you" in purple and "I" in pink and let dry.  To add a bit of background detail, I stamped a large flourish stamp in Silvery Shimmer Delicata pigment ink and let dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
  

 To adhere the couple die cut to the bookmark, brush on some matte gel to the back of the die cut a little thick.  I weighted the die cut down with my wafer thin die cases so that it dried flat.  I left it overnight.
I used the same Raven spray lightly on the rose on the girl.  The hearts were cut with Simon Says Stamp Mini Hearts Outlines dies using DCWV Glitter Paper, Foiled Cardstock and Doodlebug white glitter paper and adhered with Stick-It adhesive.  





I used E6000 glue to add any metal pieces to the project.  I'll warn you that it smells awful; use it with a window open or fan on.  It's the only glue I've found that's permanent on metal, including hot glue.

I started with the Key from Tim Holtz and the acrylic rose from my stash.  I attached the rest with hot glue.  The roses are Wild Orchid Crafts and the buttons are Stampin Up.  The roses are colored with a few sprays: Fireworks Grape Jelly and Lindy's Royal Amethyst Fire; Lindy's Pretty in Pink and Royal Amethyst Fire. 
I really enjoyed the process of creation for this project and so pleased with how it turned out.  All the chipboard die cuts and bookmark are from Infinity Engravings and are so much fun to work with.

Feel free to ask questions and let me know what you think.

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...