Monday, September 28, 2015

Fall Thank you


I was inspired by the fall colors that are starting to emerge here in Michigan.  I combined a few techniques for this card and really love how it turned out.  I stamped the wood-grain background using the Wood Pallet Background by Altenew.  I used my MISTI to stamp it in VersaMark and heat embossed the image with Copper embossing powder by Zing ( I made 2 panels and only inked 1).  I used Distress Ink with a mini blending tool starting with Tea Dye, then added Vintage Photo and finished with Walnut Stain.  I just love the richness you get when layering those shades.  I die cut the word "thanks" with a die by Lawn Fawn from the panel and from fun foam.  I applied a sheet of Stick-It adhesive to both sides of the fun foam before die cutting it so that I would have a sticker for easy assembly.  I removed the paper from the foam one letter at a time and carefully lined it up as I stuck them together.  Using tape runner, I attached the panel to the card base, then removed the backing from the die cut and fit it in.



For the die cut leaves, I used the stitched leaves set by Lawn Fawn to cut several out.  With the second panel, I blended Tea Dye over it and let it dry.  After I cut out my leaves, I inked over them using Barn Door, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed.  I took a clean piece of Distress Watercolor Cardstock and used Dylusions and Distress Spray Stains to color it as I wanted a mix between deep hues and vibrant ones like you'd see in nature.  For the bright leaves I used Dylusions spray in Lemon Zest and Sunshine, Distress Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn and Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Gold.  I let that dry thoroughly and die cut my leaves.  I arranged and attached the leaves using tape runner and foam squares. 

I love this time of year with the beautiful change of God's creation outside, abundant farmers markets, apple cider and donuts and countless creative ways to enjoy it.  Hope you enjoyed and thanks for spending a little time with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...