Thursday, September 24, 2015

Guess Whoo Loves You



It's slowly transitioning from summer to fall here in Michigan and I was inspired to play with the rich colors of God's creation.  I also challenged myself to use a few products I had in my stash that I haven't used before.  The owl and sentiment are from Clearly Besotted and embossed with Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder..  The wood pallet background stamp is from a set by Altenew called Wood Pallet Background.  It was stamped in Dark Chocolate ink by Simon Says Stamp on the Misti so that I could double stamp if I needed to.  I colored it by ink blending with distress inks.  I used a scalloped circle die from Lawn Fawn to die cut the middle to make a shaker.  The leaves were die cut using the stitched leaves die set by Lawn Fawn and colored using the same technique I shared in my last blog post. 
These are the stamp sets used.
To color the wood background I started with Tea Dye and worked my way through to the darker shades Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs and then Walnut Stain.  I added Rusty Hinge to give it some richness and depth.  I embossed the Owl and sentiment with Lindys Stamp Gang embossing powder in Cafe Au Lait. 

I used the largest of the Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies to add a stitching detail to the edges and LF scalloped circle die to die cut the middle. 

The middle was made into a shaker using the large circle shaker pouch by Impression Obsession.



For the shaker bits, I added Doodlebug sequins, die cut leaves, Harvest Gold microfine glitter by Glitter Ritz and gold microbeads.

The shaker pouch has adhesive around the edge that seals the pouch when the backing is removed and it's applied to the background surface.



I fit the shaker piece back into the background and mounted the complete piece on a standard card base.  I then attached the die cut leaves with foam squares and the card is complete.

 I arranged and attached the die cuts to look similar to a wreath along the bottom of the shaker.




The rest are clustered at the top right corner.








 These are the colors I used for the red/orange/yellow leaves.  The green/yellow were cut from a scrap of another sheet that I used the same technique with.




This card turned out really adorable and I am always happy when I can get inky.  I hope you enjoyed. Don't be afraid to try it out and see what happens!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...