Thursday, April 7, 2016

Moms Rock Hop with Laura's Loft

Welcome to my stop on our April Mothers Day Hop! We wanted to make this hop about honoring all the Moms in our lives.  I have two cards to share with you today and I know you'll love them as much as I do.  You should have landed here from Deana's blog, but if not Laura's blog is the place to start.  Don't forget to leave some love on each hop stop to be entered into the drawing for the impressive prize pack! We also have a killer 30% off sale on everything from 4/7/16 to 5/4/16 as well as $10 off a $75 purchase with the code $10off$75.  Lets get this show on the road!

 This set is "Amanda is Awesome" by Stamping Bella.  A little back story: I am the third of four children in my family and my older two siblings have always complained that not only am I the favorite, but also happen to have a high opinion of myself.  I don't believe I'm arrogant, but I am confident, stubborn and willful, so maybe that's where they're confused! LOL.  Anyway, the sentiment in this set is something I say to my Mom, so I had to have it and this is what I came up with.
Supplies:
Crafters Companion SN cardstock
Spectrum Noir markers
Distress Ink: Broken China (Set #6)
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies
Tim Holtz Rays stencil
Faber-Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel
Tim Holtz Distress Crayon - Mustard Seed (Set #3)
Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid 6x6 paper pack
VersaMark
WOW Black detail embossing powder
MISTI

I started by stamping the girl image onto a piece of SN cardstock using the MISTI, just in case I missed a spot and needed to restamp.  Using the third largest stitched rectangle die, I centered my image in the die, used a post it note to secure placement and ran it through the big shot.  I colored the image with SN markers and used a blending tool to buff some Broken China around the top and side edges.  This will add the to outdoor, sitting in the sunlight imagery.  I set it aside to allow the sky to dry; Distress Ink will reactivate with water and knowing I wanted to add stenciling over it, letting it dry thoroughly lessens the chance the texture medium will blend with the distress ink.  I let it dry for 10 minutes or so since it was a very light layer.  Using the MISTI again, dust the area with an anti-static powder bag or tool and stamp the sentiment in VersaMark.  Heat emboss with black embossing powder.  Next, run the patterned paper through the big shot with the largest of the stitched rectangle dies, adhere the focal layer to the plaid paper and arrange the stencil over the paper.  I masked off any areas I didn't want the texture medium with post-it tape.  Scribble the Distress Crayon into your craft mat and scoop about 1/2 tbsp of glitter bead gel onto it.  Blend together with a palette knife.  The crayon dissolves really easily and as you can see in the photos, the color stays strong.  Apply the gel over the stencil, smoothing in one direction and making an even layer.   Carefully remove the tape and stencil.  Set the card front to the side so it can dry and immediately wash the stencil and palette knife.  The medium will ruin your stencil and knife if allowed to dry on it.  I let mine dry overnight.  Mount the card front to a card base and you're card is complete!  This image is great for practicing shadows and contours.  Lawn Fawn's Perfectly Plaid paper pack is sold out in the shop, but Lawn Fawn's Beachside paper pack is just as versatile!

 
 This card features Lawn Fawn's Mom & Me stamp set.  It's so fun and sweet.  Perfect for a Mom of little ones, or to remind Mom of when she had little ones around.  I had my Moms favorite colors in mind when creating this.
Supplies:
Lawn Fawn Mom & Me
Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die set
Momento Tuxedo Black ink
SN Cardstock
Kraft cardbase
Lawn Fawn Jalapeño ink
SSS Fern ink
SN Markers
Distress Inks: Mowed Lawn (Set #2), Lucky Clover (Set #15), Broken China (Set #6) and Mermaid Lagoon (Set #13)
Doodlebug Kraft in Color: Kraft 6x6 pad
Doodlebug Enamel dots
Design Creative Bling: Laurens Bouquet
MISTI

I employed a bit of masking in this project, which probably sounds more intimidating that it is.  I wanted the Owl and chick image to be complete, so I stamped her first on the cardstock and again on a post it note.  Fussy cut out the image, leaving no border along the bottom of the owl.  Apply the mask to the Owl and stamp the wood stump slightly over the mask, so that she's standing on it.  I stamped it twice with my MISTI so that all the lines were nice and black.   When coloring with alcohol based markers, make sure to use a dye based black ink.  I always use Momento with my SN markers and have never had my images bleed.  I googled images of owls to get the coloring somewhat natural.  I also stamped the sentiment images twice and ran it through the big shot using the smaller of the Wonky Stitches frames.  After I finished coloring the images, I stamped the grass using LF Jalapeno and SSS Fern to give a variance in color and added grass behind the stump to ground it.  For the green at the bottom of the panel, I blended Mowed Lawn over the bottom third with Lucky Clover on the edges for a bit of depth.  For the sky, I started with Broken China and finished with Mermaid Lagoon.  I added Enamel Dots, Jewels and Sequins to look like flowers to complete the scene.  I ran the purple gingham paper through the big shot using the large Wonky Stitches frame, centered the focal panel over the purple panel and adhered it.  I finished up the card by mounting the layers to a kraft cardbase.



Thanks for coming to hang out for a bit today!  I hope you're enjoying everything you've seen so far and I know you'll have fun with what's coming up!  Robbie is your next stop on our Moms Rock hop.





Here's a complete list of all the hop stops:
Laura - http://www.lauralscott.com/moms-bouquet-hop/
Jasmine Burgess - You're here!

Now about that prize I mentioned...
Giveaway Entry:
There are several ways to enter and the more comments you make in the different social media platforms, the more entries you earn! It is required that you comment on each blog in the Hop.  After that, we encourage you to like and comment on our Facebook page, tag on our Instagram post and pin on Pinterest, as well as share on your own pages. The participant with the most entries wins the fabulous prize package! How cool is that!?!


You may be wondering what the prize is...

Sweet, huh!?! Altenew's Winter Cardinal stamp set, Cool Summer Nights ink set and, exclusive to Laura's Loft, Glacial Bliss Design Creative Bling Sequin mix.  Those sequins are among my favorites!


Don't forget to leave a comment on each blog stop to be entered into the drawing to win the prize!  See you later!

Much love,
Jasmine

6 comments:

  1. Your cards are adorable, the owls are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like th Owl card but, they both are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your cards are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Stamping Bella! The sun in the corner is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling cards! Love the texture and sparkle on the 1st card and the sweet owls on the 2nd!

    ReplyDelete

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...