Friday, April 29, 2016

Gorgeous Gold and Purple Altenew Peonies



Hey guys! Welcome!  Today's post is my entry into the Altenew Inspiration Challenge for April 2016.  Below is the Challenge image and the idea is to make a project using Altenew products, pulling inspiration from the image; so colors, textures, patterns or vibes.  I chose to use the dark blue-violet, gold and teal as my inspiration; not only are they my favorite colors, but also loved the high contrast and bold imagery.
 

Here is my project I created using Peony Bouquet and Painted Inspirations stamp sets as well as 3 of their ink cube sets: Shades of Purple, Cool Summer Nights and Green Fields.  Lets get started!

Supplies:
Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock
Simon Says Stamp Blue Violet cardstock
Altenew Peony Bouquet stamp set
Altenew Painted Inspirations stamp set
Altenew Shades of Purple ink set
Altenew Cool Summer Nights ink set
Altenew Green Fields ink set
Delicata Golden Glitz ink pad
Post-It notes (for masking)
Scor-tape (or other adhesive)
Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die set

Peony Bouquet is a layering stamp set and it's fairly easy to figure out the sequence with which to stamp.  If you have a MISTI, or other stamp positioning tool, that does make it easier to get perfect alignment, but these sets are still beautiful when you don't get them perfectly lined up.

Altenew_Inspiration Challenge_April
For the flower in the bottom left corner, I used Lavender Fields, Deep Iris and Midnight Violet, in that order.  You want to stamp lightest to darkest.  After my flower was stamped, I added the outline in Delicata Golden Glitz.  With a mask over the flower in place, I added the tealy-blue leaves and green stem.  For the leaves, I used Ocean Waves, Dusk and Desert Night, in that order, stamping lightest to darkest.  With the flower on the right edge, I used Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields, and Deep Iris, in that order.  I wanted a bit of contrast between the blooms, while staying in the same color family.  The leaves and stems are the same ink colors.  I used Forest Glades for the green.  The small outline bloom in the top left corner is Deep Iris.  The sentiment is from the Painted Inspirations stamp set and stamped in the same Golden Glitz ink.  Because Delicata is a pigment ink, it will stamp over dye inks and maintain it's opacity without needing to be heat embossed.  When all the stamping was complete, I used the largest of the frames in the Wonky Stitches die set to add the stitching detail around the perimeter, mounted it to a mat of blue-violet cardstock and adhered that to a standard top-folding cardbase.  That wraps up our card! I really love how this one turned out.

I hope you had fun and learned something new!  Feel free to ask questions and let me know what you think!

Much love,
Jasmine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...