Saturday, December 2, 2017

Handmade Christmas 2017 using Concord & 9th, Ink Blending and Heat Embossing

 For the entire series this year, I wanted to challenge myself to create all new designs with stamps and dies that I already owned.  I didn't buy a single new release.  Not because there weren't any that I liked; there were plenty of lovely designs available.  It was because I needed to reign in superfluous spending and there's a lot of folks who simply can't go buy all the pretty new things.  So I made due.  And it was fun!  I discovered how many stamp sets I have bought but never used and how versatile non-Christmas sets can be.  The Cozy Up set by Concord & 9th is a Valentines set, so why not make a Christmas card with a romantic vibe?  I ended up putting both cards in one video because the footage gremlins stole enough footage so that I couldn't make 2 videos and they are quite similar, so it fit together anyway.  Here's the link to the video on my YouTube channel and the supply list is below.

Supplies:
Concord & 9th Cozy Up S&D
Concord & 9th Joy stamp set
SSS Merry Christmas die
Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die
SSS Heavyweight White cardstock
MISTI
Versamark
Ranger Liquid Platinum EP
Brutus Monroe Icicle EP
Altenew Inks:
  • Caramel Toffee
  • Dark Chocolate
  • Paper Bag
  • Ruby Red
Distress Oxide ink: Candied Apple
Tim Holtz Holiday Knit stencil
Distress Inks: Antique Linen and Tea Dye
Doodlebug White Velvet cardstock
Stick-It
ARC Wood Veneer paper
Lawn Fawn Stitched Snowflake die

Thanks for joining me today.  I hope you get a chance to get crafty and enjoy the Christmas season with those you love.

In His glory and much love,
Jasmine

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...