Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Handmade Christmas 2017: Alcohol Inks and Chibitronics

 Merry Christmas and welcome to the final card of the Handmade Christmas 2017 series.  This design came about through the idea "what if there was a snowman at the manger when Jesus was born?"  Snowpeople are always such happy creatures and I imagined they would celebrate that first Christmas too.  I made several alcohol ink backgrounds and the wavy stripes made me think of a cold, winter night, just right for a snowman and the rest followed suit.  I die cut a small star in the upper right corner, added the stamps and heat embossed them and the front panel was almost complete.  Then I built the circuit for the lighted star and put everything together with some sequins to finish it off.  When you press on "Star" in the sentiment, the little star lights up.  Delightful!  This design is suitable for everyone on your list too.  From single dudes to grandparents or colleagues, done.  Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supply list is below. 

Supplies:
Penny Black Rejoice with Joy stamp set
My Favorite Things Holiday Hugs stamp set
Ranger Glossy cardstock
Ranger Alcohol Inks:
  • Denim
  • Indigo
  • Snow
  • Sky
Versamark
Wow Vintage Champagne embossing powder
Lawn Fawn Puffy Star die
Vellum
Chibitronics
3M Foam Tape
Scor-Tape/ Be Creative tape
Ranger Matte Medium
Pretty Pink Post 4mm Sparkling Clear sequins
Little Things Lily White sequin mix

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a wonderfully joyous Christmas and get the opportunity to worship often.  The story of Jesus' birth can be found in Luke 2: 6-16 if you're wondering.

Merry CHRISTmas!
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...