Monday, March 19, 2018

Foiled Peony with Ink Blending and Dry Embossing

 Full disclosure: I did not set out to make this card.  It was actually an experiment that went really right!  I used the Peony Coverplate die from Papertrey Ink and die cut it to see if it would work as a stencil for the Deco Foil transfer gel.  After using the gel and letting both pieces dry, I ran both through my laminator and was ecstatic with the results.  I used a textured cardstock I've had in my stash forever because it's a little heavier and that texture gave the foiled piece a really cool, vintage vibe that I liked better than the stenciled piece.  I used Amethyst Watercolor foil with it, so it has variegated purple tones and it just stunning.  I HAD to use it on a card.  I wanted to keep the ink blending really soft so that the foiling would stand out and to give it another texture.  And for one more element of texture, I dry embossed the white cardstock that I then ink-blended.  If you watched my alcohol ink video using this same die, then you'll be familiar with how I used the diecut to guide where I placed my colors of ink.  To finish it off, I added a die-cut sentiment in a medium teal and my card was complete. Click here to watch my video tutorial over on my youtube channel.  Supplies are listed below.
Supplies:
PaperTreyInk Peony Cover plate die
Mama Elephant Smile die
Scor-tape 
Neenah 110lb Cardstock (base)
Damask embossing folder
Sizzix leather paper (cardstock is fine)
Deco Art Transfer gel
Deco Art Amethyst Watercolor foil
Simon Says Stamp inks
Teal
Fern
Lawn Fawn inks:
Ballet Slippers (really soft pink)
Peachy Keen
Minty Fresh
Hero Arts ink: Tide Pool
Delicata White Shimmer ink
Scor-tape/ Be Creative tape (same product)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...