Saturday, May 12, 2018

Spring Themed Cards Collaboration with Gerry from Gerry's Craft Room Part 1



 Hello there!  I don't know about you, but I am so excited that it's finally warming up outside.  We have had the weirdest weather in the Midwest over the past few weeks, but I think it's safe to say it's SPRING!  Gerry, from Gerry's Craft Room and I decided to do a little collaboration.  We each created backgrounds and exchanged them so that I could finish the cards with her backgrounds and she finish cards with my backgrounds.  And without discussing what we'd use, both reached for Distress Oxide inks.  Both cards could be gender neutral, especially if your guy likes birds.  The second one with the cupcake, was made with my husband in mind, as it was his birthday around the time I was crafting and he loves loves loves cupcakes.  The colors Gerry used in the background made it perfect for a masculine design, so I carried that through with a Tim Holtz Blueprint stamp and bold die cut letters for the sentiment.
Usually, when I do collaborations with other artists on YouTube, I have footage of the creations of my backgrounds and the completed cards.  However, for this project, the gremlins got my footage.  So while I can't show you how I created them, I can list what I used.  Sorry! So frustrating...  Anyway, here's the video on my YouTube channel and the supplies are listed below.  You can find Gerry's video here.
Supplies:
My backgrounds (Gerry's finished cards)
Bristol Smooth Cardstock
Distress Oxide Inks:
Shaded Lilac
Blueprint Sketch
Cracked Pistachio
Hickory Smoke
Nuvo Glimmer Paste Black Diamond 
The Crafters Workshop Swirl Stencil
The Crafters Workshop Butterfly Swirl Stencil
Black cardstock
Nuvo Glimmer Paste:
Green Peridot
Blue Sapphire
Moonstone
Gerry's Backgrounds:
White cardstock
Distress Oxide Inks:
Peacock Feathers
Twisted Citron
Spiced Marmalade
Squeezed Lemonade
Embossing folders
Birdsong Card:
Gerry's Blue/Green background
Versamark ink
Ranger Holographic embossing powder
Ranger Enchanted Gold embossing powder
Vellum
Stick-It sheet adhesive
Dina Wakely Scribbly Birds stamp set
MISTI
Copper glitter paper
Archival Jet Black ink

Cupcake Birthday:
Gerrys Orange/Yellow background
Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Copic friendly)
Copic markers
Cake: E29, 37, 47, 49
Frosting: E23, 25, 27
Candle: B02, 05, 18
Flame: Y00, 13, YR04
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die
Tim Holtz Birthday Blueprint stamp set
Sizzix Celebrate Thinlits
Stick-It Sheet Adhesive
Black cardstock
Be Creative Tape
MISTI
Bristol Smooth cardstock

Gerry and I both had a lot of fun creating new cards with each others backgrounds.  It's a creative and exciting challenge for sure.  Be sure to check out both videos and let us know what you think.  See you next time!

Much love and prayers,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...