Friday, May 4, 2018

Mother's Day Watercolor Colab with Maaike

 Hello and Happy Mothers Day to all the Mom's out there!  Moms are superheros in my book.  They don't get a day off, work tirelessly, love compassionately, and always have to be prepared for battle.  Thinking of my own Mom and how she managed to raise 4 kids mostly by herself as my Dad was in the Navy and away on deployment most of the time, it's astounding how she didn't implode.  I totally own up to the fact that I wasn't easy to raise.  I didn't get into real trouble much, but I pushed her patience as far as I could far too often.  With this card, I wanted to do something she would love.  My Mom loves everything I make, and always has, but as we get older and each year passes, I become more aware of the fragility of life and how I wont have her forever.  Things are an inadequate way to express how much someone means to you, but sometimes it's the best/ only way you have.  Handmade items are special because you take the time to create it, usually with someone specific in mind.  So I went back to my roots with this card.  My mom indulged my creative interests from a young age, taught me about Jesus, how to cook, bake, paint, draw, sew, garden and otherwise be courageous and unafraid to try new things.  She is and always will be my hero.  I love you, Mom.

Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supplies are listed and linked below.  Maaike and I teamed up to do a collaboration for Mothers Day and you can find her video here.
Supplies:

Unity Stamp Co “Beautiful is Never Perfect” : https://www.unitystampco.com/beautiful-is-never-perfect/
Unity Stamp Co: ”Feather Soft Love” https://www.unitystampco.com/feather-soft-love/

 
Thank you for stopping by to hang out and chat!  I hope you get the opportunity to get creative with or for your mom any time of the year.

For Christ's glory and much love,
Jasmine



No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...