Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Soft Encouragement Card with Ink Blending and a Stencil

 Hello!!  I know it's been a minute since I've posted a project or video.  Sometimes life gets in the way of art and you have to prioritize.  My husband is in Stage 5 Kidney Failure and is on the transplant list.  As you can imagine, that has taken all of my focus over the past several weeks and I've needed to get back to my studio to restore myself a bit.  Todays project was inspired by two elements in my life; my faith in Jesus and my friends and family that have rallied around my husband and I to support us.  God is amazing. 

The sentiment stamp is from The Ink Road and it's a favorite expression of mine.  I love the size and different fonts Lara used in it's design.  I started by stamping it in the middle of my panel and heat embossing with Rose Gold embossing powder.  Next, I used the Radiating Star stencil by Neat and Tangled off center to the upper left of the sentiment with a pale blue ink by Catherine Pooler Designs.  Side note: if you haven't tried Catherines inks, you are missing out.  They are fantastic and rival any ink I've ever used (including Distress).  I followed the stenciling with a brighter toned blue ink around the edges, keeping it soft.  It still needed something so I looked through all my floral stamps and decided on the Mondo Sakura, which is a Cherry Blossom, by Ellen Hutson and stamped that twice using a medium lilac shade.  To tie everything together and add a bit of shine, I finished it off with some flat-back pearls in Thistle by Little Things.  Those pearls are teeny-tiny and so pretty, so they add just a bit of flair without going overboard.  Perfection.

Here is the link to my Youtube channel where I have the video tutorial if you're interested in watching.  Below is my supply list with links if you're interested in getting any of the products I use and love.

Supplies:
https://www.ellenhutson.com/wow-embossing-powder-regular-rose-gold/#_a_186Neenah Solar White Classic Crest
Ink Road Stamps: Chin Up Buttercup
Wow Rose Gold embossing powder
Versamark
MISTI
Neat and Tangled Radiating Star stencil
Catherine Pooler Designs inks: It's a Boy, Something Borrowed and Sweet Sixteen
Ellen Hutson Mondo Sakura stamp
Little Things Pearls: Glossy Thistle Mix


Thanks so much for stopping by!  It's good to get back into my studio and creating again!  Be sure to let know what you think here or over on my YouTube channel.  It's so much fun getting to interact with you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...