Friday, October 5, 2018

Puppy Birthday Shaker with Custom Patterned Paper and Copics

Todays project is this adorable shaker.  I had a lot of fun designing and creating this one.  I love animals.  In another life I may have become a Zoologist, just so I could hang out and play with the animals at the Zoo all day.  My husband always laughs because every time I see someone with their dog in their car, I always say "Puppy!", no matter how old the dog may be.  My brother has a black lab and I bring her pig ears every time we visit and she knows I'm hers.  My cat, Onyx, is my fur baby, and the first animal my husband and I have had together, as well as the first cat Howard has had experience with.  Onyx knows we are his.  The shaker card is a technique I love, as use often, which you know if you hang out here with any regularity.  They are easy and so versatile.  For this one, I used the main image stamps on the background to create custom patterned paper and tie the background in with the focal panel on the front.  To add interest to the kraft frame, I skewed the smaller interior die so that it was crooked; this creates something unexpected.  If you struggle with placing embellishments on the front of your card use odd numbers.  Your brain wants to match even numbers, making even numbers of elements unpleasant to look at (you wont necessarily notice this), but when looking at odd numbers it doesn't need to match anything; it just is, making odd numbers more pleasing.  If you look at the picture, I have 3 woofs and 4 bones.  Because they are die cut from the same paper, it's an odd number and your brain isn't playing matchy-matchy (yes, that's a highly technical term). 
Here is the video on my YouTube channel and my supplies are listed below.

Sunny Studio Party Pups stamp set
Sunny Studio Rainbow Dots and Stripes paper
Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock
Neenah Classic Cream cardstock
MISTI
Ink on 3 Blackout 
Avery Elle Wonky Stitches dies
Neenah Desert Storm Cardstock
Versamark
Brutus Monroe Icicle EP
Hero Arts Acetate panel
3M Foam tape
Catherine Pooler Inks
-Coral Cabana
-Tiara
Copic Markers:
Gray dog: C0, 2, 4, 8; R20 RV14
Brown dog: E37, 49; R20 RV14
Crop-a-dile Corner Chomper
Scor-tape
Tombow
Nuvo Glitter Gloss pen
Rounded Square die, 2.5"

Thanks for stopping by and I'll catch you next time!

Much love,
Jasmine





No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...