Hello! Welcome to the Winter Wonderland blog hop with Laura's Loft. I'm sure you've enjoyed all the talent so far and I know you'll enjoy my project as well. If you have missed any stops along the way, click here to head back to the beginning and here for the previous stop. Laura has a generous giveaway with the hop this month too. Details will be at the bottom.
Onto my hop project, which features three products from Laura's Loft: Altenew Lacy Scrolls, WOW Embossing Powder in Silent Night and Creative Design Bling sequin mix in Glacial Bliss. I am so happy with how this card came together; it's just beautiful.
- Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock
- DCWV Vellum cardstock
- DCWV Foiled cardstock stack
- Altenew Lacy Scrolls stamp set
- Tim Holtz Holiday Wishes stamp set
- Neat and Tangled Bright Baubles stamp set
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles die set
- Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia die
- Distress inks in Broken China and Blueprint Sketch
- Delicata Golden Glitz
- VersaMark ink
- Ranger Archival Ink in black
- Tim Holtz Mini Blending Tool and Foam
- WOW Embossing Powder in Silent Night
- Creative Design Bling sequin mix in Glacial Bliss
- Zots Bling glue dots
- tape runner
- foam squares
I started by cutting a 8.5 by 11 inch sheet of Neenah cardstock in half at 5.5 inches, giving me two pieces of 8.5 by 5.5 inch sheets. One sheet was folded in half to make the card base and the other was cut in half to make two 4.25 by 5.5 inch pieces. I created my background piece with the Altenew Lacy Scrolls in VersaMark ink. I started with a flower image, followed by a vine and leaf. Then, I covered with WOW Silent Night embossing powder. Repeat this process without overlapping. Fill in any open areas with the smaller images from the set, such as the filigree and swirls. Once the sheet was complete, I melted the embossing powder and the background was finished.
The powder will turn from powdery to shiny when it's melted. The two pictures show the shift in the light; in one light it's a steely blue/gray and in the other it's a bright, shiny silver. To get the stitched detail around the edge, I die cut it with the largest of the Stitched Rectangles set by Lawn Fawn. It measures 4.25 by 5.5 inches, the same same as a standard card. For my poinsettia, it was easier to cut the shapes and then stamp. One pass through the big shot to die cut and stamp each layer individually to avoid missing any edges.
large paintbrush. To assemble, I added foam squares and rotated each layer so that it had a full look and it was ready to go.
The vellum cardstock is 1.5 by 6 inches. Using my MISTI, I stamped the sentiment with the same gold ink I used to edge the poinsettia and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. To avoid warping the vellum (which warps easier than regular cardstock), I let my heat gun run for 90 seconds to make sure it's good and hot. The powder will melt almost immediately when the gun is hot enough.
I had all my elements and was ready to assemble, but I felt that it needed another touch of blue. The foiled cardstock fit perfectly. I cut a strip 1/2 inch wide and 6 inches long.
To attach my vellum, I added tape runner behind the sentiment and folded the overhang over the edges of the card to the backside. Adding tape runner to the back edges under the vellum overhang, I pressed it down on the back and smoothed the sentiment down to the background. With tape runner on the back side, I added it to the top edge of the vellum and trimmed off the excess with scissors. My poinsettia is attached with foam squares so that it frames the sentiment. To complete my card, I added a few Creative Design Bling sequins from the Glacial Bliss collection. This collection is a gorgeous mix of blues, teal, white and just a touch of purple. It's really pretty and has a variety of shapes and sizes.
Cindy is the exciting next stop on the blog hop. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the giveaway at the bottom. Laura has a fantastic prize package waiting! She also has a coupon code for Avery Elle: AE20% for 20% off until 11/28/15.
Giveaway Entrance Requirements:
1. Follow Laura's Loft on Instagram @InLaurasLoft, like the IG Hop/Giveaway post and tag a friend. as many as you like but one tag per comment.
2. Follow Laura's Loft store page on facebook https://www.facebook.com/Lauras.Loft.Shop
3. Leave a comment at each stop on the blog hop.
Here is a complete list of blog hop stops full of crafty goodness!
1. Laura- http://www.lauralscott.com/winter-wonderland
2. Deana Benson- http://www.designcreativelybling.com/2015/11/winter-wonderland-with-lauras-loft.html
3. Robbie Rubala - http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/search/label/LL
4. Debbie Brunssen- http://debbielovestocraft.blogspot.com/2015/11/lauras-loft-winter-wonderland-shop-hop.html?m=1
5. LeeAnn McKinney- http://mimiscraftyabyss.blogspot.com/2015/11/lauras-loft-shop-hop-winter-wonderland.html?m=1
6. Lisa Bedigian - http://royalpumpkinart.blogspot.com/2015/11/winter-wonderland-with-lauras-loft-shop.html
7. Joy Hadden - http://piecesofjoyhadden.blogspot.com/2015/11/winter-wonderland-hop-with-lauras-loft.html
8. Linda Gorman http://dabblesbylinda.blogspot.com/2015/11/winter-wonderland-with-lauras-loft.html
9. Jasmine Burgess - you're here!
10. Cindy Dooley http://wp.me/p5d3NQ-3s
11. Heart of Craft (Emma)- http://heartofcraft.blogspot.com/2015/11/winter-wonderland-with-lauras-shop-and.html
Thanks for joining us for our Winter Wonderland hop! I hope you had a lot of fun and learned something new along the way! Feel free to ask questions and let me know what you think.