Thursday, December 24, 2015

Dashing through the snow...

  Merry Christmas Eve!  Today's card is versatile woodland winter fun and can be used for Christmas, New Years, Hello or a winter Birthday.  I completed this card using the Avery Elle Snow Much Fun stamp set, Stitched Rectangles and Stitched Hillsides die sets by Lawn Fawn and the banner shape is the negative from a heart with banner die.

  I started by laying my clean stamps on my card front to get the layout where I wanted it.  I also cut the snowbank from white cardstock using one of the Stitched Hillside dies, positioning the die to give me a sledding hill and the pond border.  I used the snowbank as a template for the masking paper that I cut to match, laying it down to mask off where I wanted the pond to be.  I placed a scrap piece of paper with a straight edge to create the top edge of the frozen pond and added Tumbled Glass Distress Ink with my blending tool.  With the snowbank mask in place, I stamped my images in Momento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Spectrum Noir markers.  After removing the snowbank mask, I stamped the snowflakes randomly all over using Tumbled Glass again and added a bit to the edges.  The banner is stamped with the sentiment from the stamp set in the same black ink and edged with Tumbled Glass and Blueprint Sketch.  The focal panel measures 4 by 5.25 inches and I trimmed the snowbank to fit.  I gave the snowbank a coat of Wink of Stella Clear glitter and added the banner with foam squares.  The blue mat is cut to 4.25 by 5.5 and is foiled cardstock from DCWV.  They were layered using tape runner and then adhered to a white card base.  That finishes the card!

Thanks for hanging out with me on Christmas!  I hope you had fun and learned something new! If you're interested in the stamps I used today, they're on sale at Laura's Loft.  Click the link above to head right to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...