Wednesday, January 6, 2016

CAS-ual Fridays New Release Blog Hop



Welcome to the CAS-ual Fridays Girlfriends product release blog hop with the design team at Laura's Loft. There are 2 stamp sets and 4 dies in this collection and it's all about the love between girlfriends.  This is the stamp set and die that I used in my project.


 

My project is a layered shaker card.  This project was inspired by the colors of the sequin mix, but also by the favorite colors of two of my best friends.  I started with the front panel.  Using glossy cardstock with 3 shades of green alcohol ink and gold alcohol ink, I made 2 of the front panel and let it dry.  Meanwhile, I stamped the text layer starting with the love ya stamp from the Girlfriends set in the middle and used my MISTI to position the other stamps around it.  I stamped each word or phrase in a different shade of pink to add variety and interest.  I used a shaped panel die by Spellbinders to cut out the window in the green piece.  I used the WRMK Fuse Tool to make the shaker pouch, which is filled with Garden Splendor sequin mix by Design Creative Bling (a Laura's Loft exclusive).  The card base is Doll Pink cardstock by Simon Says Stamp.  To give the card base some omph, I ran a VersaMark pad around the edges and used Gold Superfine Detail embossing powder by Ranger.  The gold also helps to tie in the gold on the front panel.  Using the friends die from this release, I die cut the word from the second green panel and adhered it to the lower right corner.  To finish off the card, I added a few sequins with tiny glue dots and a few green Virgina Turtle enamel dots.

Thanks for stopping by and spending some time with me! Remember to call/hug/text your girlfriends. lol! Feel free to let me know what you think and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Much love,
Jasmine



2 comments:

  1. Love this darling shaker!! So glad you posted your link on my fb page so I could come hop with you all! What a treat to see great designers having fun with my new collection :) Happy girl here!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michele! I use it again for the hop tomorrow! Thanks for taking the time to comment :)

      Delete

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...