Monday, May 2, 2016

Glitter, Vellum, and Die Cuts, Oh My!

 Hey there! Todays post was created for the PIN-Sights Challenge over at Ellen Hutsons blog.  Their challenges make it easy; all they require is using Essentials by Ellen products and the inspiration board.  So I chose to use two of the colors from the mood board, purple and yellow and the Bohemian Flowers stamp and die set.  Lets get started!

Supplies:
Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock
Essentials by Ellen 40 lb Vellum
Stick-It Adhesive sheets
Crafters Companion Spectrum Noir cardstock
Doodlebug Daydream white cardstock, cut to 4.25" by 5.5" 
Essentials by Ellen Bohemian Flowers stamp and die sets
Momento Tuxedo Black
Copic Markers: Y00, 02, 06; V04, 09, 12; YG 03, 06, G05; C-1, C-5
Doodlebug Enamel dots
TH Sizzix Thinlit die (Flourish)
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die set
Hello die
Wink of Stella Clear Glitter brush pen
3M foam tape
Scrapbook Adhesives foam squares
Tombow Mono Multi glue

I started by stamping my flowers and leaves in Momento Tuxedo Black ink and color with Copic markers.  For the purple, I used V04, V09 and V12; Yellow: Y00, Y02, and Y06; Green: YG03, YG06 and G05; Gray: C-1 and C-5.  After I finished coloring, I die cut each shape using the coordinating dies.
For the Vellum panel, I adhered the vellum to a peice of Stick-It adhesive, then ran it through my Big Shot with the largest of the Stitched Rectangle dies.  I lined up the flourish die with the bottom right corner of the vellum panel and ran it through my Big Shot.  I removed the paper liner from the bottom right corner of the vellum piece and lined it up with the same corner of the glitter cardstock.  Once I had it lined up properly, I removed the rest of the paper liner and then ran it through the big shot back and forth a few times, just to make sure it was really stuck down.
I liked the look of the dandelion pod by itself laying across the bottom and adhered the flower to the stem with tape runner, then added foam squares to attach it to the card.  I used foam tape and foam squares to attach the other two flowers and leaves as well.  I used Tombow liquid glue to attach the hello die cut and put a few acrylic blocks over it to weight down while it dried.  To finish off the card, I added Wink of Stella to the purple flower and hello die cut as well as enamel dots to the center of the yellow and purple flowers, and finally, mounted the panel to a top-folding card base.


Thanks for hanging out with me today! I'm happy to answer any questions you might have and feel free to let me know what you think!

Much love,
Jasmine






4 comments:

He is Worthy Watercolor with Scrapbooking with M.E. Boutique

Todays project is my second Design Team card for Scrapbooking with M.E. Boutique and it's gorgeous while easy.  I started out by arran...