Thursday, October 13, 2016

MIO Challenge: Ombre

 Hello and Happy Fall!  I created today's card for the My Inky Oasis Challenge for October and the theme was Ombre.  Typically we see Ombre as a transition from light to dark or dark to light in a single color and is also seen with two colors, one dark and one light.  Purple is my favorite color, so I used three shades transitioning from dark to light using the ink blending technique over an embossed background and incorporated a heat embossed vellum image with a die-cut sentiment to complete the project.  A scattering of sequins finished off my ombre masterpiece!  Here is the link to my video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supply list is below.

Supplies:
Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock
Sizzix Butterfly EF
Distress Inks: Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac and Milled Lavender
Vellum
Stick-It
Unity Everything kit
Versamark
Lindy's Stamp Gang Midnight Violet
Doodlebug White Glitter cardstock
Simon Says Stamp Blessed die
Little Things Purple Velvet sequin mix
Scor-tape
Matte Medium
Tombow Mono Multi glue

To enter the challenge, make a card using Ombre as the theme and upload a picture to the October Challenge Album.  You can enter as many times as you'd like and it will run 10/15/16 through 11/05/16.  The winner will be announced on 11/11/16.  Good luck everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...