Monday, December 12, 2016

Handmade Christmas Series 2016: Card 8 Watercolor Skating Rudy

Merry Christmas and welcome!  Todays project is the eighth in my series for 2016 and starts off with this adorable Rudolph the Skating Reindeer by Stamping Bella.  I die cut my watercolor paper with a stitched circle die and stamped the image in Archival ink because it's a waterproof ink and I used watercolors to paint in the image.  To get a straight edge for the ice he's skating on, I laid down painters tape so that one hoof is just touching the ice.  The background is a large sheet (9x12 inches) that I colored using spray inks and cut down to card size.  I ran the panel through my big shot with a stitched rectangle die to give it a finished edge.  After heat embossing the sentiment, I added a few enamel dots to complete the card.  Here's the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel if you'd like to see how I made it from start to finish and my supply list is below.

Supplies:
Stamping Bella Rudolph the Skating Reindeer
Canson 140 lb watercolor paper
Lawn Fawn Stitch Circle and Rectangle dies
Archival Black ink
Memento Black ink
MISTI
Daniel Smith watercolors
Versamark
Brutus Monroe Icicle embossing powder
Signo White gel pen
Scor-tape
Virginia Turtle enamel dots

 Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to let me know what you think and what you'd like to see next.  Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...