Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Handmade Christmas Series 2016: Card 7 Watercolor Owl Flyer

My wish for all of us this Christmas is that we feel the Peace, Love and Joy of Christ throughout the year.  This Pilot Owl image is the Cool Little Christmas set by Unity Stamp Company.  My grandfather used to have an old leather bomber jacket from WWII.  Even though he wasn't a pilot, that little owl reminded me of him and I can still smell the leather and pipe tobacco.  Such lovely memories.

I die cut both the watercolor paper and kraft cardstock with a stitched rectangle die and then stamped on the watercolor panel.  I also die cut the green striped panel; you don't have to, but I like the finished look it gives.  If you intend on using watercolors or any other wet medium, you'll want to make sure the stamping ink you're using will work with your coloring medium.  I used watercolors, so I used a waterproof ink.  If you're using Copic markers (alcohol based) you'll want to use a water-based dye ink to stamp such as Memento.  If you're using Zig Clean Color Brush Pens, those are water based so you'll want to use a waterproof ink to stamp such as Archival. 

By using a compatible stamping ink, you'll avoid smearing or running of your stamped image (and a lot of frustration and heartache!).  A basic rule of thumb for inks and mediums is that opposites attract.  Your ink needs to be unaffected by your medium.  Alcohol markers work well with water-based inks and water-based mediums don't affect or disturb alcohol or solvent based inks. 

Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel if you want to see how I created this project from start to finish.  My supply list is below.

Supplies:
Unity Stamp Co Cool Little Christmas
Archival Black ink
Memento Black ink
Canson 140 lb watercolor paper
Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen XS
Daniel Smith Watercolors
Masking Fluid
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies
DCWV Evergreen Stack 12x12
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen - Clear
Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock (base)
Recollections Kraft cardstock
Scor-tape

Peace, Joy and Love to you and yours as we celebrate the coming of our Savior!  I'd love to know what you think or if you have any questions.  I love to interact with you guys and help in any way I can.  See you next time!

Merry Christmas and much love,
Jasmine



No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...