Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Handmade Christmas Series 2016: Card 9 Easy Textured Background

 Welcome to the 9th card of my Handmade Christmas Series for 2016.  The background of this card was a bit of an experiment.  I had been playing around with Colorburst (powdered watercolor pigments) and wondered if I could get a striped look, hoping I wouldn't get mud.  It worked and I love the results!  It is gorgeous!  Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel if you want to see how I created this card from start to finish.  My supply list is below.

Supplies:
Hero Arts Crossing Waves stencil
Strathmore 140 lb watercolor paper
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle and Banner dies
Colorburst: Pthalo Green and Alizaron Crimson
BoBunny Sugar Glitter Paste
Vellum
Stick-It sheet adhesive
Versamark
Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder
Penny Black Rejoice with Joy
Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock
Red glitter enamel dots
Scor-tape

The possibilities are really endless with this technique and I encourage you to try it out and have fun with it!  I love seeing the different colors bloom in the texture paste and no two are the same.

Be sure to let me know what you think and I'm always happy to answer any questions.  Thanks for stopping by and Merry Christmas!!

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...