Friday, February 10, 2017

It's All About the Layers: Layered Stamping AND Layered Stenciling

The Pretty Petals stamp and die sets by Concord and 9th were sitting on my desk and it gave me the daydream of a tropical vacation.  This is a layering stamp set and would be beautiful in endless color combinations.  The trick to remember with layering sets is that you want to use your lightest color first and work towards your darkest color.  Using a MISTI makes these sets super easy to be successful with and so much fun.  I've also layered the stenciling in the background with ink blending and texture paste, opening up another area of endless possibilities.  What stencils do you have that would look awesome layered?  It's such an easy way to add color and texture to your projects.  Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supply list is below.


 Supplies:
Concord & 9th Pretty Petals S&D
SSS inks: Duckling, Apricot, Sunkist
MISTI
Neenah 110 lb Solar White cardstock
TCW Mini Capricious stencil
BoBunny Sugar texture paste
Distress Ink: Bundled Sage, Twisted Citron, Lucky Clover, Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon
Clarity Brush
SSS Painted Hello die
DCWV Gold Foiled cardstock
Scor-tape
Tombow Mono Multi glue
Glossy Accents
Fun Foam
Pretty Pink Posh 6 and 4 mm Clear Droplets

Thanks for joining me today!  Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help.  See you next time!

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...