Saturday, January 20, 2018

DT Guest Spot: Penguin Shaker with Gerda Steiner Designs and Alcohol Ink Background

 Hello and Happy 2018!  I am excited for the blog post and video today.  Macy from Gerda Steiner Designs reached out to me and asked if I would like to guest design for them.  They always have such charming and delightful images and excellent quality products, so of course I said yes.  I was brimming with ideas for these little guys and couldn't wait to play.
Valentine Penguins is one of those versatile sets that can be romantic, but also lends itself to friendly or encouraging.  My first card was one inspired by Empire Penguins that have the really colorful feathers on their heads.  I wanted to bring lots of color and excitement to the party and alcohol inks are perfect for that.  As I worked, the ideas coalesced into a shaker card and I love how it turned out.  Here's the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supplies are listed below.
Supplies:
GSD Valentine Penguins (supplied to me)
Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock
MISTI
Ranger Alcohol Ink cardstock
Alcohol Inks:
  • Honeycomb
  • Magenta
  • Purple Twilight
  • Flamingo
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies
Hero Arts Acetate
3M foam tape
Little Things:
Lemon and Tangerine Jewels
Deep Fuschia and Lily White sequin mixes
Cream cardstock
Ranger Archival Jet Black ink
Copic Markers
C6, 8, 9
Y17; YR15

Thanks again to Macy and Gerda for inviting me to design for them!  And thank you for stopping by.  As always, I'm happy to help if you have any questions and I'd love to know what you think as well.  I hope you have a blessed and joyous 2018.

For Christ's glory and much love,
Jasmine

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jasmine!
    It's late July 2018. I just popped over from your youtube channel - where I've subscribed for only a few months. I have no idea what you and your husband may be going through right now. Jesus knows exactly though, & He wastes nothing. He, also, promises to sustain you (check the Psalms), and He loves you - now and for all eternity!
    Thank you for creating wholesome, uplifting art & for offering back to God - publicly - the glory for all He gives you.

    Your name fits you.

    Yours because He lives!

    Joanne
    Slow-and-Steady Creation Korner

    ReplyDelete

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...