Thursday, February 22, 2018

Watercolor Emboss Resist Birthday with Moody Unicorns

 Unicorns and birthdays are best friends, so I decided to put them together in honor of one of my besties, Jen.  We met in college, became best friends and never looked back!  I started by making my own patterned paper by randomly stamping and heat embossing the larger unicorn images followed by filling in with the smaller images in the stamp set, the cupcake and little present.  Using watercolors to add pops of brightness helped each image stand out without looking overdone and the die cut sentiment finished things off nicely.  I chose a foil paper for my sentiment because it adds a contrasting finish and texture, which adds easy interest.  Here's the video tutorial and supplies are listed below!  Happy Birthday Jen!!

Supplies:
Gerda Steiner Designs Moody Unicorns
Canson XL 140 lb watercolor paper
MISTI
Versamark
Lindy's Stamp Gang Silver Moon Orchid EP
Gansai Tambi watercolor palette
Silver Black Velvet brush #8 round
My Favorite Things Wonky Stitches die
DCWV Foil and Glitter papers
Lawn Fawn Happy Birthday die
Tombow Mono Multi glue
Be Creative tape

I hope you enjoyed todays post and project and that you enjoy good friendships like I am blessed with.  Happy crafting and God bless!

For Christ's glory and much love,
Jasmine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...