Friday, May 27, 2016
Beautiful Blossoms for Tupelo Designs LLC
Supplies: (* denotes items supplied to me by Tupelo Designs LLC)
*Newtons Nook Beautiful Blossoms
Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock
Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink
*Judikins Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder
Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die
*Cosmic Shimmer Blending Inks in Ocean Blue and Lilac Whisper
Tombow Mono Multi glue
Blue Violet cardstock
Casual Fridays "You" die
Pretty Pink Post 4mm Sparkling Clear Sequins
Little Things Sugar Plum Sequins
Ranger Foil in Brights
Start with a 4.25" by 5.5" panel of Neenah white cardstock and run it through the Big Shot with the largest of the Wonky Stitches frame dies. Place stencil over the panel and tape down. Using one of the brushes, blend Ocean Blue over the top right corner and down along the right side and the Lilac Whisper along the left edge. Blend the two colors together over the top left and bottom right corners of the panel. I used circular motions with my brush, holding it towards the end of the barrel; this will give you less control, but a lighter hand resulting in a smoother blend as it gets towards the middle and disappears.
The next step is the stamping. Using my MISTI, I stamped the rounded petal flower on the bottom right corner first using black pigment ink, then covered in embossing powder and heat to melt. When heat embossing, let your gun run for 45 to 60 seconds before applying to your paper; it's the best way to avoid warping. Stamp the same flower on a post it note or masking paper and trim out. Place mask over the first flower and stamp the pointed petal flower and repeat the same steps for the second and third flower. With the masks in place, stamp and emboss the leaf images. I stamped and embossed the sentiment using the same process with one exception. I masked off the "you" in the sentiment so that I could use the die cut instead. To make the die cut, I added Stick-It adhesive to both sides of a scrap of cardstock that was large enough to use the die cut with. I ran it through my Big Shot and removed the release paper from the front. I added the purple foil over the adhesive, rubbed over it with my finger, and peeled off the foil. Add adhesive to the back of the panel and adhere to the card base. To complete the card, I adhered the die cut with foam dots and the sequins with liquid glue. Our card is complete!
Full disclosure: I did not set out to make this card. It was actually an experiment that went really right! I used the Peony Coverplate...
Hello friends! Todays project has a few techniques that while simple and easy are also eye-catching and dynamic. Ink blending is such a...
I have loved owls since I was a little girl and would fall asleep listening to them in the pine trees. They were secretive, elusive and ...
A happy hello to you! Here in Michigan the weather has been all over the place with warm and cold, rain and sun and snow. I needed to c...