Thursday, September 1, 2016

MFT Beary Special Birthday Shaker

Welcome!  One of my nephews has his 6th birthday coming up, so it was the perfect opportunity to bust out this stamp set and get creative.  His favorite color is yellow and he loves Rainbow Chip cake.  Yellow, while not being a color I work with often, came fairly easily but it took a little playing around to get the right technique for coloring a rainbow chip cake.  I adore how this card turned out and I think my little guy will love it.  Here is the video tutorial for the card and the supply list is below.  Here's a tip for the cake: add the dots of color while the base color is still wet.  It allows the dots to blend out just tiny bit to look like the colored sprinkles do in a baked cake.  You'll see it in the video too.

Supplies:
My Favorite Things Beary Special Birthday stamps and dies
My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched Frames
Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Copic safe)
Acetate
Doodlebug cardstock: Sugar Shoppe and Friendly Forest
Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear 4mm Sequins
Rainbow Sequins
3M Foam tape
Scor-Tape 1/4" and 1/2"
3D Foam Squares
Wink of Stella Clear
Glossy Accents
Copics:
Bear: E23, 25, 27, 29, 04(ears)
Cake: E31, 33, B28, G17, R17, Y13
Frosting: Y06, 08, 11, 13
Balloons: Y06, 08, 11, B00
Gifts: BG13, 15, B00, Y13, 17

Let me know if you have any questions and I'd love to know what you think!  Catch you later!

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...