Thursday, September 15, 2016

MFT Magical Dragons


 Hey there!  From the moment I saw images and cards done with the Magical Dragons stamp set from My Favorite Things, I couldn't wait to get them home and start to play.  They are so sweet and so versitile, I even have a Christmas card idea with these.  I started with my stamping and used some masking to make the baby dragon sit on a floating smoke cloud, colored in the dragons and smoke with Copics, re-masked my images and used a cloud stencil to create several layers of clouds.  Here is the video tutorial on my YouTube channel to watch step by step how I created the scene and I encourage you to try these techniques too. 

Supplies:
MFT Magical Dragons
Crafters Companion Spectrum Noir CS
Copics: BV000, 24, 04, 08, 11; B00, 02, 05; C00, 3, 5, 7
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink (Copic safe)
Full Sticky back Post-It notes
Inky Antics Cloud Stencil
Distress Inks: Blueprint Sketch and Wilted Violet
SSS ink: Lake Shore
Altenew Ink: Lavender Fields and Ocean Waves
Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die
Neat & Tangled Dreams stamp
VersaMark
Wow Rainbow Black embossing powder
Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen in M
Little Things Sugar Plum and Passion Flower sequins mixes
Pretty Pink Posh 4 mm Sparkling Clear sequins
Doodlebug White glitter card stock
Neenah 110 lb cardbase
Scor-tape

If you don't have the same exact inks, try what you have.  I wanted to keep the clouds light and ethereal, so I used light shades of blue and purple, with the darker tones towards the bottom.  Let me know what you think and if you have any questions.  I love to interact with you guys! 

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...