Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Versatile, Soft and Easy Watercolor Birthday


Versatile, soft and easy, this card is quick and lovely.  It really is as simple as stamp, paint, let dry, and attach to a cardbase.  Versatile because you can change the sentiment up as you need to; thinking of you, hello, congratulations or sympathy.  Sometimes I leave the front of my cards without a sentiment and write my message on the inside. 
Try not to get caught up with the thought that to create what you see in a video, you have to have what the artist is using.  You don't.  If all you have is your kids Crayola, rock it out!  The point is to create, have fun, relax and play.  If you want to get better, keep practicing.  Monet practiced too. 
Here is the link to my video tutorial on my YouTube channel if you want to see my process and my supply list is below. 

Supplies:
Prima Cling Stamp #580179
Fine-Tec Watercolor pallete
Archival Black ink
Distress Watercolor cardstock
Frogtape
Silver Brushes: 3/4" and #8
Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die
Doodlebug Crushed Velvet black cardstock Lawn Fawn Happy Birthday Border die
Stick It sheet adhesive
DCWV Foiled Vellum Stack
SSS Sketch Heart die
Scor-tape
*Alternative to FineTec palette: Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Colors. 
I have not used the Starry Colors palette, however I do love their regular watercolor palette and do recommend it.  There are several YouTube videos comparing the two if you are interested. 
I'll be happy to answer any questions you have, just leave them in the comments here or on my YouTube video.  Thanks for stopping by and hanging out today!  See you next time ;)

Much Love,
Jasmine














No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...