Saturday, May 6, 2017

Summer inspired Mixed Media DT project with Infinity Engraving

 Hey there!  Todays project was inspired by summer and my husbands step-mom.  She is such a wonderful, sweet, kind and generous lady.   I have been thinking about what to do for her canvas for quite some time, as her tastes are simple and mellow.  I used her favorite colors as a starting point and her love for gardening as a theme. 
 Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and the supply list is below.  Feel free to leave any questions in the comment section here or on YouTube and my supply list is below.
Supplies:
8x10 Canvas
Infinity Engraving die cuts
Dylusions Acrylic Paint
  • White Linen
  • Lemon Zest
  • Fresh Lime
  • Cut Grass
  • Vibrant Turquoise
  • London Blue
Dina Wakely Clear Gesso
Dina Wakely Matte Medium
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in Pure Platinum
Imagine Crafts Sheer Shimmer Spritz
Nuvo Glimmer Paste in Moonstone
28 Lilac Lane Embellishment Mixes
  • Winter Blues
  • Minty Fresh
  • New Leaf 
Mixed Media can be intimidating, but don't let fear stop you from learning, creating and growing.  I don't always have a finished project in mind and my projects don't always turn out the way I imagined.  However, they always come from my heart and that's what's important in the end.  The person receiving or buying the piece finds beauty and meaning in it; that's the key to keep in mind.
See you next time!

For His glory and much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...