Thursday, May 4, 2017

Soft and Loose Watercolor Mother's Day Hugs Shaker with Concord & 9th

 We are almost half way through the year already and while I'm wondering where the time has gone, Mother's Day has quietly crept up.  I have three Mother's Day cards to make every year and I enjoy the creative challenge of doing something different.  Traditionally, flowers make an appearance and while my Mom and both MIL's enjoy flowers, I went a another direction.  This design is really versatile, perfect for birthday, thinking of you, encouragement and sympathy.  Starting with white embossing on watercolor paper, I used powdered watercolor paints to create a loose and soft emboss-resist background.  After that was dry, I die cut the "hugs" and the border edge detail.  To finish it up, I stamped an accompanying sentiment in the bottom right corner, built the shaker and mounted it to a card-base. 
Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supplies are list below.  If the idea of Watercolor is intimidating, try the loose technique demonstrated in my video.  It's really easy and so user-friendly, not to mention hard to mess up.

Supplies:
140 lb Watercolor paper
Concord & 9th Cuddles and Hugs stamp and die sets
Versamark
White embossing powder
MISTI
Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals shakers
  • Guten Tag Teal
  • Polka Purple
Colorburst Liquid Metals Platinum
Colorburst Orchid
My Favorite Things Wonky Stitches
Hero Arts Acetate
Scor-tape
Tombow Mono Multi glue
3M Foam Tape
Little Things Sequin Mixes
  • Pacific
  • Lucky Dip Purple Paradise
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
SSS Smoke cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...