Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Ink Blended Rainbow Hugs with Distress and Concord & 9th

 Hello!  As you know, I love bright colors; they make you happy.  Ink blending being one of my favorite techniques; it's one I use often and I love experimenting with new color combos to see what I can create.  Emboss resist, ink blending and die cuts are all employed to create this bright, happy, punchy card. 

If you have trouble with ink blending, I have a few tips for you.  The first is to change your cardstock.  I used Neenah 110 lb Solar White for years and I got good results, but it took some work.  I heard some good things about Strathmore Bristol Smooth and once I tried it, I never looked back.  Bristol Smooth is a bit heavier and smoother than Neenah, but Neenah isn't a bad cardstock.  I still use it for sturdy cardbases.  The second tip is to hold your blending tool at an angle so that the entire surface of the tool is not in contact with the cardstock.  Use circular motions and little pressure; more pressure creates more friction making is harder to move the tool around. 

Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel where I demonstrate how to create this project from start to finish.  My supply list is below.

Supplies:
Concord & 9th Cuddles and Hugs stamp and dies
Bristol Smooth cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110 lb (cardbase)
MISTI
Distress Inks (original)
  • Mermaid Lagoon
  • Squeezed Lemonade
  • Abandoned Coral
  • Wilted Violet
Imagine Crafts Shimmer Spritz
My Favorite Things Wonky Stitches die
Versamark
Wow White embossing powder
Scor-tape
Matte Medium

Thanks for joining me today!  Leave any questions in the comments and I'll be happy to help.  See you next time!

In His glory and much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...