Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Mermaids Mean Summer

 I LOVE these mermaids.  And I want to go swimming with them.  I had this watercolor background sitting on my studio table and that was the inspiration for the card.  It has a fantasy ocean feel that made the mermaids a perfect fit.  I don't have footage of the background in the video, but it was very simple.  Using a wet on wet technique, I added lines of blues, purple and some teal, then laid in a bit a gold and let dry.  My mermaids are colored with Copics and finished off with a sparkle pen.  Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supply list is below.

Supply list:
The Greeting Farm Merisa and Maisea stamps
Gansai Tambi watercolor palette

Canson XL 140 lb watercolor paper
Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die
Elizabeth Crafts Silk Microfine Glitter Fire Opal
Scor-tape
Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen
MISTI
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock
Copic Markers
Mermaid Merisa
Hair: RV 0000, 00, 06, 09, 02
Fins: BG 01, 05, 10, 13, 23; B 000
Skin: E 50, 31, 13
Top: V 05 BG 05

Mermaid Maisea
Hair: BV 01; V 05, 17
Fins: G 02, 16, 17; YG 41
Skin: E 50, 31, 13

Neenah Classic Cream cardbase
Powertabs clear adhesive foam
Flatback self-adhesive pearls
Little Things sequin mixes Caribbean Beach and Pacific
Pretty Pink Posh clear droplets 4 and 6 mm
Ranger Matte Medium



Thanks for stopping by and I'll catch you next time!

For His glory and much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...