Monday, July 31, 2017

Zig Butterfly Flight with Scrapbooking with M.E. Boutique

 Hello!  Todays project is the first of three Design Team projects for Scrapbooking with M.E. Boutique and I'm so excited to be working with them.  I've stamped and masked my butterflies starting with the pink butterfly and ending with the yellow one, using Altenews Bejeweled stamp set.  I stamped the butterflies using Archival ink because it's waterproof and wont run or smear when any water based medium is applied.  Canson XL 140lb watercolor paper was the surface is chose to work on.  Zig Clean Color markers are a brush tipped water-based marker that you can use with water to create a lovely variety of watercolor effects, without having to go into actual watercolors and using them with watercolor paper gives perfect results because the paper is designed to accept a lot of water without pilling or warping.  You can use these markers with Bristol Smooth cardstock, but I don't suggest using much water with it.

Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel.  Supplies are listed and linked below.

Supplies:
Canson XL 140lb watercolor paper
Altenew Bejeweled stamp set
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die
Masking paper or Post-It notes
Archival Jet Black ink
Zig Clean Color markers
Orange: 70, 50, 51, 52
Pink: 25, 26, 27, 28
Green: 33, 38, 42
Background: 31, 36
Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen
DCWV Shimmer stack
Matte Medium
Sequins
Versamark
Platinum Embossing powder
Scor-tape
If you are at all interested in watercolors, give these markers a try.  They are so vibrant, fun to use and you can create beautiful projects with ease.  Let me know if you have any questions; I'm always happy to help.  Thank you for stopping by.  I so appreciate every like, share and subscribe here on my blog and my YouTube channel; every one helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...