Sunday, July 30, 2017

Under the Sea with a Distress Oxide Background

 Summer is beginning to wind down, but it's not over yet.  I've been playing with my Distress Oxide re-inkers to see what they can do and created a few backgrounds (here's the video with those).  Stamping Bella had a new release in the beginning of July with Mermaids, fishes and lots of other sea life which I couldn't resist.  Flipping through my backgrounds and going through some new stamps, these two just fit together like sun and sand.  I colored my images with Copic markers and created a Shaker card with elements on the inside and outside to create a bit more dimension.  If you are new to Copics or are interested in learning more about them, I highly recommend Sandy Allnock's Copic Jumpstart class at  Here is the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supply list is below.

Stamping Bella Under the Sea sentiments
Stamping Bella Tiny Townie Mermaid S&D
Stamping Bella Under the Sea creatures S&D
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock
Black cardstock
MISTI Original
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies (2 largest)
Hero Arts Acetate
3M Foam Tape
Stick-It Sheet Adhesive
Ranger Black Sparkle embossing powder
Oval die
Little Things Caribbean Dream Sequin mix 
Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen
Matte Medium
Copic Markers
  • Hair: E08, 35; R59
  • Tail: B16, 24, 28, 69
  • Top: Y17, 35
  • Skin: E51, 33, 35; R20
  • Flower: BV11, 01, V05
  • Conch: RV42, 51
Treasure Chest: E23, 25, 27; C0, 2, 4; Y35, 17; RV000
Turtle: YG17, 67; E23, YG99, G94
Fish: B24, 28; Y11, 17; RV21, 25; V04, 05, 09; BV01, 11, V04

Distress Oxide Ink Background
  • Salty Ocean
  • Twisted Citron
  • Peacock Feathers

I had a lot of fun creating this card and I hope I've sparked your creativity as well.  Thanks for joining me.  As always, I'm happy to help if you have questions.  See you next time!

For His glory and much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foiled Peony with Ink Blending and Dry Embossing

 Full disclosure: I did not set out to make this card.  It was actually an experiment that went really right!  I used the Peony Coverplate...