Monday, November 20, 2017

Handmade Christmas 2017: Gerda Steiner and Chibitronics Light Up Rudy

 Please forgive my thumb in the photo; I didn't have another way of demonstrating the fact that Rudy's nose lights up.  And it's the point of the card and video, so it was kind of important.  I've had a box of Chibitronics sitting in my studio since last Christmas that I never got around to playing with but I'll be honest, building electronic circuits was intimidating.  However, all the instructions and easy to follow blueprints make it really simple and fun.  I made three for the series this year only because I ran out of batteries.
I had the Peeking Friends stamp set from Gerda Steiner designs and my idea was to create a scene with Rudolph and Santa peeking in a window.   I also had an alcohol ink background that reminded me of a night galaxy sky.  Things were starting to take shape.  I dug out the window die I knew I had somewhere; add the glowing nose and all that was left to do was put everything together.  Here is the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supplies are listed below.  Here is the link to the video with the alcohol ink background.

Supplies:
Gerda Steiner Designs Peeking Friends stamp set
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Bristol Smooth cardstock
MISTI
ARC Cherry Veener paper
Mama Elephant Creative Cuts Peek A Frame
Stick It Sheet Adhesive
Chibitronics
3M Foam tape
White cardstock
Yupo
Alcohol Inks
Staz-On Cotton White ink
Neenah Classic Cream cardstock
Hero Arts Acetate
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle (2.75"x4")
Copics:
Rudolph: E17, 19; E23, 25, 27; R27, 37, 39, 20; C6
Santa: E00, 50, 51; R27, 37, 39; C0, 00, CB

I hope you have a wonderfully creative and happy Christmas season!

For His glory and much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...