Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Handmade Christmas 2017: Penny Black Winter Fairy with Copics

Hello and welcome to the kick off of my Handmade Christmas 2017 series.  Christmas is my favorite time of the year and I'm always looking forward to the creativity that comes with cardmaking.  The only rules are the ones we give ourselves.
I fell in love with the Penny Black Winter Fairy image because she looks so sweet, innocent and darling; it reminded me of childhood Christmases that were magical and lovely.  I imagine that snowball as her gift to baby Jesus; heartfelt and genuine.
The blue and purple version was a practice card, but I absolutely loved how it turned out and decided to include it in the post.  Copic markers are amazing in the right hands and they're a labor of love, but I'm determined to get better with them.  The blue and purple is in the non-traditional color family while the red and gold is certainly in the traditional realm and both are beautiful.
Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supply list is below.

Supplies: Red/Gold
Penny Black Winter Fairy stamp
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock
MISTI
Copics:Red/Gold
Hair: E31, 33, 37; YR20
Skin: E50, 51, 21; R11, 20
Skirt: R27, 29, 37, 39, 59
Wings and Snowball: RV0000
Earmuffs and legwarmers: C00, 0, 1; R27, 37, 59

DCWV Foiled Cardstock Stack- Red/Gold
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies
Viva Decor Hologram Glitter Pen
Neenah Classic Cream cardbase
SSS Merry Christmas die
Stick-It sheet adhesive
Scor-tape




Blue/Purple:
DCWV Shimmer Cardstock: Pale Blue
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies
Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen
Neenah Classic Cream cardbase
Doodlebug White Glitter cardstock
Stick-It sheet adhesive
Neat & Tangled Happy Holidays die
Scor-tape


Thanks for stopping by to hang out with me.  Let me know if you have any questions; always happy to help.  If you're interested in Copic marker classes, go see Sandy at art-classes.com.  She's got mad skills and so easy to learn from.  Merry Christmas!!

For His glory and much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...