Friday, November 10, 2017

Handmade Christmas 2017: Neat & Tangled Lumberjack Love with Copics

 Hello and welcome to the second card in my Handmade Christmas 2017 card series.  The Neat & Tangled Lumberjack Love set is geared more towards Valentines day than Christmas, but I thought why couldn't it be a Christmas card.  Romance abounds around the holidays, possibly even more so that the rest of the year.  So this card is for lovers and I colored the girl like me and the boy like my husband.  He proposed to me in January and we're coming up on our 10 year wedding anniversary, so he was on my mind while making this card.
I stamped the images first, using the MISTI and Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  When deciding which ink to use, keep this rule in mind: opposites attract.  Copics are alcohol ink markers and need dye ink images because the dye ink doesn't react with alcohol and it wont smudge or bleed.  The industry has made advancements in technology and produced inks that are any medium safe, but I don't have them, so I'll continue to use what I know ;).  The background is alcohol inks and Yupo.  Yupo is actually plastic and will warp easily with heat.  The piece I used did begin to warp as I finished up the embossing.  So be careful with it.  Let your gun run for 30-60 seconds to get hot before applying to your paper so that you're heating for a shorter time span.  Or just use glossy cardstock with your alcohol inks and avoid the issue altogether.  Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and the supplies are listed below.

Supplies:
Neat & Tangled Lumberjack Love S&D
Bristol Smooth cardstock
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
MISTI original
Wow Snow Sparkle embossing powder
Versamark
Ranger Silver Pearl embossing powder
Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die
White Yupo paper
Ranger Alcohol inks
  • Denim/ Sky/ Indigo/ Amethyst/ Snow Cap/ Pearl
Alcohol Blending Solution
Mini Mister
Woodgrain patterned paper
Scor-tape
Foam Squares
Copic Markers
Brown Hair: E25, 27, 29, 71, 74
Blonde Hair: E51, 33; YR20
Girl Outfit: E13, 15, 17, 19, 50, 51 Headband and Bird: B12, 14, 16
Boy Outfit: Hat and Shirt: B12, 14, 16 Jeans: B32, 34 Shoes: E13, 15, 23, 25
Skin: E51, 33, 31 Ax: C2, 4
Stump: E31, 27, 47, 49

Thanks for stopping by.  Always happy to answer any questions.  Merry Christmas!

For His glory and much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...