Saturday, March 11, 2017

Glossy Black Hello: Alcohol Ink Die Cuts Can Be Focal Images Too

 Over on my YouTube channel I have a few quick demo videos using Alcohol Inks on glossy black cardstock and this card was one of the examples shown.  Although using black as a base can make the resulting background tricky to use, it's also visually stunning.  You can usually get several die cuts from one panel, making it stretch much further than one card, and using die cuts can save time in card making because they don't require much more to have a complete card.  Dies are also a great way to use backgrounds that didn't turn out as well as you hoped.  You can strategically place them over areas you do like and the resulting die cuts look really interesting and lovely. 

This card came together simply and easily.  Starting with the alcohol ink panel, I die cut the "hello" using the Say Hello die by Concord & 9th.  I wanted to bring out the teal in the die cut, so I used Simon Says Stamp Lake Shore card stock and die cut that using a My Favorite Things Wonky Stitches die.  Using SSS Lake Shore ink and MFT Floral Fantasy stamp, I added a tone on tone look to the Lake Shore panel just for a subtle bit of added interest.  I added the stamped sentiment with my MISTI with Memento Tuxedo Black and the Say Hello stamp set from Concord & 9th.  After adhering the Lake Shore panel to my card-base using Scor-tape, I glued the die cut to the center of the panel.  To finish up, I added a scattering of sequins; Deep Fuchsia to bring out the pink and Caribbean Dream to enhance the teal.  This one is probably my favorite out of all the ones I've created with the black alcohol ink panels. 

Here is the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supply list is below!
Supplies:
Concord & 9th Say Hello stamp and die sets
Glossy Black Cardstock
Alcohol inks: Patina, Flamingo, Pearl
Alcohol Blending Solution
SSS Lake Shore ink and cardstock
MFT Floral Fantasy 6x6 stamp
MFT Wonky Stitches die
Neenah 110 lb Solar White cardbase
Little Things sequin mixes in Caribbean Dream and Deep Fuchsia
Scor-tape
Ranger Multi Matte Medium

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Always happy to help if you have any questions, so don't hesitate to ask.  See you next time!

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...