Monday, March 27, 2017

Bronzey Blue Beauty with Distress Oxides and MFT

 This is one of those rare cards that requires little else and is better for it's simplicity and minimalist design.  I can't really claim that as my intention, it just happened that way, but don't tell anybody.  It's our little secret.  Initially, I imagined this as a shaker card, but the blue and bronze were just perfect together and didn't need anything else.  I kept it simple with a small banner, die cut sentiment and a scattering of sequins to finish it off.  If your guy enjoys botany or a flower garden, leave off the sequins and it would be a great guy card too. 
 I layered two shades of Distress Oxide inks to get a faded denim look and used ink-lifting to get the look of bleach spots.  With the regular Distress inks, the spots would look more white, but with the Oxides, they maintain their color and add opacity, but lighter.  Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel if you want to see how to recreate this at home and my supply list is below.

Supplies:
Distress Oxide Inks
  • Faded Jeans
  • Broken China
Bristol Smooth cardstock
My Favorite Things Wonky Stitches die
My Favorite Things Roses All Over stamp
Brutus Monroe Penny Embossing powder
ARC Cherry Wood Veneer paper
Simon Says Stamp Painted Hello die
Neat & Tangled Scalloped die set (banner)
Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardbase
Doodlebug Black Velvet cardstock
Little Things Sequin mixes
  • Nautical Sparkle
  • Ivory
  • New England Fall
Range Multi Matte Medium
Scor-tape

Thanks for joining me today and we'll catch you later!

Much love,
Jasmine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...