Thursday, March 23, 2017

Masculine Ink Dipped Design with Distess Oxide Inks

 If you've played with the regular Distress inks before, you're probably familiar with the ink-dipping technique.  I used that technique with this card, but as you can see, the results are a little different; the layers stand out more, no muddying of the colors, and the colors are just as vibrant.  Distress Oxides are a hybrid between dye ink and pigment ink.  They have opacity and dry to a chalk-like finish because of the pigment ink with vibrancy and reactivity to water that we're familiar with in the original Distress because of the dye ink.  I had a lot of fun playing and creating with them and I think you will too!

Here's the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel with my supply list below.
Supplies:
Distress Oxides:
  • Spiced Marmalade
  • Fossilized Amber
  • Faded Jeans
  • Broken China
Strathmore 140 lb watercolor paper
MFT Wonky Stitches die
Doodlebug Black Velvet paper
SSS Painted Hello die
ARC Cherry Wood Veneer paper
SSS Wishing Tree Die
Neenah 110 lb Solar White cardbase
Scor-tape
Bonus card!
I didn't include this card in the video because I lost all my footage (gremlins!).
This one is a very simple masculine design with 1 stamp, ink blending and 2 die cuts.  It's perfect for all the dudes in our lives that don't want a lot of fuss.  Starting with a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock I did the ink blending first.  Using my MISTI, I stamped the barnwood stamp in SSS Dark Chocolate ink and ran it through my Big Shot with a MFT Wonky Stitches die to give it a finished edge.  I added Stick-It to the back of a scrap of black velvet cardstock and a scrap of wood veneer paper to die cut a banner and the hello sentiment.  My cardbase is W+9 Oatmeal cardstock.  I adhered my panel down to the cardbase with Scor-tape, layered the sentiment over the banner and was finished.  My supply list is below!
Supplies:
MISTI
Distress Oxides:
  • Faded Jeans
  • Peeled Paint
  • Broken China
Concord & 9th Bardwood Background stamp
SSS Dark Chocolate ink
Bristol Smooth cardstock
MFT Wonky Stitches die (ink blended panel)
W+9 Oatmeal cardstock (cardbase)
ARC Cherry Wood paper (banner)
Stick-It (added to wood paper before cutting)
SSS Painted Hello die
Doodlebug Black Velvet cardstock
Neat & Tangled Scalloped die set (banner die)

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you next time!  Feel free to ask questions and let me know how you like them in the comments.

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...