Friday, March 31, 2017

Blessed Butterfly with Distress Oxides, Nuvo and Concord & 9th

 Bonjour! I just saw the new Beauty and the Beast movie and the opening song has been on repeat in my head and I'm not complaining.  I have always LOVED the animated version and couldn't wait to see the live action, which absolutely did not disappoint.  Anyway, we're here for a card, so let's get started.  Frankly, this project started out as an experiment with the Nuvo embellishment mousse.  I liked what I had, so, when in doubt, add ink!  My new Oxides were sitting on my desk along with the Concord & 9th sets and this card was born.  I was excited to see how the Oxides would work with heat embossing and they're beautiful.  I positively loved the background and didn't want to cover it up, so I went with Vellum for the butterfly and an open and airy sentiment. 
 I wish you could see how beautifully the glitter embossing shines on this butterfly.  Pictures just don't do it justice.  A few sequins add the perfect finishing touch.  Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel of you'd like to recreate this card at home.  My supply list is below.

Supplies:
Distress Oxides
  • Wilted Violet
  • Cracked Pistachio
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse
  • Pure Platinum
  • Peony Pink
Simon Says Stamp Zig Zag Stencil
Simon Says Stamp Blessed die
My Favorite Things Wonky Stitches die
MISTI
Concord & 9th Butterfly Beauty Stamp and dies
Vellum
Ranger Holographic embossing powder
ARC Wood Veneer paper
Stick-It Sheet Adhesive
Wplus9 Oatmeal cardstock (cardbase)
Little Things Ivory sequin mix
Ranger Multi Matte Medium
Scor-tape

Thanks for joining me today!  Feel free to let me know how you like it and I'm happy to help if you have any questions.  Catch you later!

Much love,
Jasmine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...