Friday, March 10, 2017

Happy Hello featuring Concord & 9th

 A happy hello to you!  Here in Michigan the weather has been all over the place with warm and cold, rain and sun and snow.  I needed to comfort myself with some Spring colors and bright imagery, so that's how this card was born.  Butterflies are the quintessential harbinger of spring and I love the life they bring to just about anything.  The watercolor look designed into Concord & 9th's Butterfly Beauty stamp set makes it so easy and simple to get the look without the work. 

If you aren't familiar with Lindy's Stamp Gang products, they make an amazing array of colorful pigment powders, sprays, embossing powders and now watercolor powders called Magicals.  I used the Magicals to create a rainbow watercolor panel that I die cut the hello sentiment from using Concord & 9ths Say Hello dies.  Magicals are somewhat similar to Colorburst or Brusho in that they are a dry powder activated with water, but also have some shimmer to them.  Let me know in the comments if you'd like to see a video specifically about the Magicals and I'll see what I can do to make that happen. 

Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supply list is below!
Supplies:
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die
Concord & 9th Butterfly Beauty stamp set
Concord & 9th Say Hello dies
Strathmore 140 lb watercolor paper
Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
MISTI
Altenew inks: Lavender Fields, 
Deep Iris, Cotton Candy
SSS ink: Twirling Tutu
Vellum
Stick-it Sheet Adhesive
Scor-tape
Little Things Ivory sequin mix
Ranger Multi Matte Medium




Thanks for stopping by and hanging out with me!  Let me know how you like it and as always, if you have any questions, I'm happy to help.

Catch you later!

Much love,
Jasmine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...