Friday, August 25, 2017

From Backgrounds to Cards

 A few weeks ago, I posted a video on backgrounds using Distress Oxide re-inkers.  Todays post gives you some ideas for using those backgrounds in card projects.  For the top card, I really loved the rainbow effect and wanted it to be the focal point so I kept it simple with a sentiment and a few sequins.  For the bottom card, I used a stencil and some black glitter paste to add some impact while bringing the rainbow colors forward.  To finish it off, I added a die cut and heat embossed sentiment and mounted to a card base with some gold foil paper as a mat to tie in the gold in the die cut.

Here is the video on my YouTube channel demonstrating the background technique and my supply list is below.

Supplies:
Canson XL 140 lb watercolor paper
Distress Oxide Reinkers
  • Picked Raspberry
  • Wild Honey
  • Salty Ocean
  • Twisted Citron
  • Lucky Clover
Imagine Crafts Shimmer Spritz

Top card:
Stitched Rectangle die
Scor-tape
Funny Bones RWD 418 (sentiment)
Pretty Posh 4mm Sparkling Clear sequins
Little Things Ivory sequins

Bottom Card:
DCWV Gold Satin foil paper
Stitched Rectangle die
Concord & 9th Hello die
Wow Turkish Nights embossing powder
Hero Arts Swirl Stencil
Nuvo Black Diamond Glimmer paste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...