Sunday, August 20, 2017

One Layer Watercolor Peony

 There's tons of tutorials available with the Distress Oxides and I was curious to see how they worked with the original Distress inks, so I combined Distress Oxide reinkers with original Distress reinker using the ink dipping technique.  I loved the results.  I loved the blend of colors, the textural differences between the ink finishes, the soft watercolor look and the mix of hard and soft edges that are hallmarks of watercolor.  Wanting the watercolor to shine, I kept the rest of the card simple with some flowers and a clean sentiment and mounted to a white cardbase.  Here's the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supply list is below.

Supply list:
Distress Oxide reinker
Distress Original reinker
Ellen Hutson Mondo Peony
VersaMark
White embossing powder
Funny Bones stamp # RWD123
Imagine Crafts Shimmer Spritz
Scor-tape
White cardbase
Memento Tuxedo Black
MISTI

Thanks for joining me today.  Catch you next time!

For His glory and much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...