Monday, August 14, 2017

He is Worthy Watercolor with Scrapbooking with M.E. Boutique

Todays project is my second Design Team card for Scrapbooking with M.E. Boutique and it's gorgeous while easy.  I started out by arranging my stamps on a 4.5" x 6" piece of watercolor paper in my MISTI.  You'll want to use a stamp positioner with this project because watercolor paper can be tricky to stamp on with the uneven surface.  I stamped on the smoother side of my paper using Archival ink.  I chose Archival because it's waterproof and a dark black.  It did take several stampings to get each word smoothly even.  Because I stamped it several times, creating several layers of ink, I set it aside to dry for an hour or so before moving on to adding my watercolors. After taping my piece down to a flat surface (I used a small craft cutting board), I wet down the entire piece with a modest amount of water and began to add paint.  I used blues, teal, pink and purple, being careful about the teal and pink mixing too much to avoid mud.  You also want to be careful about adding too much water so that you avoid getting a lot of puddles.  You can sop up any puddles with a paper towel; you don't want to let them dry like that because you can get ugly edges and hidden mud.  It doesn't show in the pictures well, but I also added a shimmer spray over the top when I was done adding color.  This step adds shimmer (obviously) but also helps to blend it a bit as well.  After it was dry, I ran it through my Big Shot with a stitched rectangle die and then trimmed added a 1/8 inch wide strip of Scor-tape to each side. After removing the backing one side at a time, I added black microfine glitter and burnished it into the tape with my finger.  After mounting to a top folding cardbase, the card is complete.  Here is the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supply list is below.

Supplies:
Creative Worship Worthy King
Creative Worship Words of Life: Actions
Neat&Tangled Christmas Journaling
Ranger Archival Jet Black ink
Canson XL Watercolor paper
MISTI
Gansai Tambi watercolors
Imagine Crafts Shimmer Spritz
Stitched Rectangle die
Scor-tape: 1/4" and 1/8"
Black Microfine Glitter

Thanks for joining me today!  Don't be afraid or intimidated to get started with watercolors; I know it can be daunting because it looks so easy when other people do it.  This style is a perfect place to start as it's just dabbing on paint and there's no "right" way to do it.  Let me know if you have any questions and I'll see you next time.

For His glory and much love,
Jasmine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...