Thursday, October 19, 2017

Boo Crew Halloween with Ink Blended Background and Copics

 Here is the fifth card in what has become a Halloween series this year.  These guys are from the Plushoween set by Mama Elephant and they aren't just for Halloween.  These guys would make adorable birthday cards too.  You could mask out the face on the pumpkin and turn it into an ornament for Christmas as well.  I colored the guy in the middle as a cat in a bunny costume, but I realized after coloring him that he is supposed to be a fox.  Don't care; still cute! LOL!  At any rate, this was a lot of fun to play with.  I used my cat Pixie as inspiration for the vampire cat and my childhood cat Spunky for the coloring on the would be fox.  The bear I kept simple.  I had a sunset in mind for the background, so I used 3 colors of Distress inks with the ink blending technique; Mermaid Lagoon, Picked Rasperry, and Carved Pumpkin.  When it was dry, I added some Shimmer Spritz.
Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supplies are listed below.

Supplies:
Mama Elephant Plushoween S&D
Bristol Smooth cardstock
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Copics:
Vampire Cat: BV13, V17, R20/ C00, 0, 6, 8, 9
Pumpkin Bear: E23, 25, 27; C9
G19; YR07, 04, 15; Y13, 35
Bunny Fox: E000, YR20, Y17, R20, RV10, 20
Spider: C8, B29
Versamark
Ranger Holographic embossing powder
Distress Inks
  • Mermaid Lagoon
  • Picked Raspberry
  • Carved Pumpkin
Sparkle Shimmer Spritz
Gelly Roll Sparkle Pen
Foam Squares
Neenah Classic Cream cardbase
Scor-tape
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die

I had a lot of fun with this project and I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Always happy to answer questions too.  See you next time!

For His glory and much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...