Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Tattooed Owl Card with Brutus Monroe

 Todays project started with the owl; who could say no to a tattooed owl?  Because there's quite a bit of detail in the owl image, I kept the background fairly simple.  After stamping and masking him, I added some ink blending and used a tree stencil to smooth glue over the image.  After letting the glue cure for 20-30 minutes, I went in with my glitters to create the branches of the tree.  I used Copic markers to color in the owl, but kept it very simple because it's a small image.  Pictures just don't do justice to how sparkly the glitter is, especially in the sunlight.  It's gorgeous and adds quite a bit of dimension as well.  Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supplies are listed below.

Supplies:
Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
Stitched Rectangle die
MISTI
Brutus Monroe You're a Hoot Inspiration kit
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
The Crafters Workshop Branches stencil
IndigoBlu Flitter Glu
Art Glitter in Old Gold and Teak
Distress Inks
  • Salty Ocean
  • Blueprint Sketch
Copic Markers:
G02, 05, 17, 21
E13, 79
B01, 02
C6, 9
Scortape

Thanks for joining me today!  Let me know if you have any questions.  I'm happy to help and love interacting with you guys.

For His glory and much love,
Jasmine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...